Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Day 10: Marking down the days


I've been marking down the days in a calendar and I guess no news is good news! Christine's blood pressure has been steady and it reached as low as 106/65 which is normal according to the charts that I google when I hear a number that I'm not use to hearing :)

Since it was the 4th of July I treated Christine to an order of food she was craving. In-N-Out Cheeseburger animal style w/ Fries (We shared an order of fries so we wouldn't overeat). After we had our delicious In-N-Out meal at the hospital bed our doctor, Dr. Tan walked it. She caught us red handed w/ an empty In-n-Out bag on the bed table with the room smelling of hamburgers and fries. I felt so guilty for feeding her it w/ the doctor there but Dr. Tan didn't look twice and said that we do not have any food restrictions to make us feel better :) . Once in awhile is ok I guess. Christine's been craving Falafal Salad from the Falafal drive in but I keep reminding her that iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value. I've been craving Butter Chicken +Naan from Amber Indian restaurant but I've been resisting.

My mom has been making low salt organic vietnamese meals with vegetables that she grows in her garden so we really have been eating well. My mom and Dad drop visit every couple days and drop off bags of food for Christine. Today we had Goi Cuon(sp) ,Chicken Sticky Rice (Soi) and Greenbeans and shrimp with no salt. Earlier in the week she dropped off a jug of freshly homemade soy bean milk. It's really good and less sweeter than the Silk vanilla soy bean milk that the hospital has. I got Christine hooked on soy bean milk when I introduced her to Trader Joe's Chocolate Soy bean milk. I personally got hooked on soybean milk when I starving at the office late at night and I raided the company refrigerator. I saw someone's chocolate soy milk and drank a cup, then another and another. I guess I owe someone some Chocolate soy :) , Yes I will eat your food in the fridge if it is not properly labeled, " Do Not Touch".

Thank you everyone for the e-mails, flowers, teddybears, movies, books, magazines, snacks, candles, music, warm wishes, prayers and support. The days have been flying by and Christine has been doing extremely well.

Happy 4th of July!!

1 comment:

Dr. Henry Kikunaga said...

mmmmmm.... butter chicken.

Christine -- We're glad you're doing better! Hang in there and once the little one arrives, all of the bed rest agony will be worth it. Many prayers.

Henry & Glenda

P.S. -- Tom, make sure you replace that carton of Choco soy milk. :-)