Tuesday, July 24, 2007

32 weeks + 3 days

I'm now @ 32 weeks + 3 days today in my pregnancy. As some of you know, I'm back at the hospital again. Last Friday night I had a really bad headache and my BP readings went up as high as 161/90. We called the doctor and she advised us to check back into the hospital so they can assess the situation. They monitored me the whole night and did some blood work. The following morning, Dr. Tan came in and told us that they might go ahead and induce me since my urine sample from the day before also showed very high levels of protein, which means that my kidneys are spilling a whole lot of protein than normal. The normal protein count in urine should only be around 150s. My protein count in my urine has been in the high 300s - 400s. However, in the past week it went up dramatically to 780!!! Dr. Tan consulted with our perinatologist and they both concluded that they didn't need to induce me that day, but that they will continue to keep me in the hospital to monitor me closely. They have set a cut-off period, which is at 34 weeks. However, if my symptoms get any worse before then, they will have to go ahead and induce me.

Despite my condition, the baby is doing very well! We had an ultrasound last week and it shows that the baby's growth is normal. Last week he was approximately 4lbs. +/-11oz. We have a very good profile photo of him from the ultrasound, which we'll upload soon. He had his hand on his head. You can actually see his little fingers resting on his forehead as if he was scratching his head or something (so cute)! He continues to be very active and his heartbeat is still very strong.

We are counting the days and hoping that we'll make it through 34 weeks. I'm hoping by then the doctors can re-assess my condition and we can buy more time to make it through a couple more weeks.

No comments: