Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 5

We had quite a scare early yesterday morning. The monitor showed that I was having contractions and I was also feeling some cramping. The nurse immediately contacted Dr. Tan and she advised that they move me to labor and delivery right away! Dr. Tan came in immediately and checked my cervix and ran a couple of tests. Fortunately, I was not dilated and the tests came back negative. They kept me in labor and delivery the entire morning for observation. The contractions were initially 5 mins apart when I felt some cramping. Then, they gradually became sporadic, and I no longer was feeling any pain. My BP readings were also measuring a little higher than the past couple of days. Luckily, it settled down later on in the day and they sent me back to maternity ward for more bedrest. It's amazing how bedrest really helps a lot!

No comments: